Friday, July 23, 2010

6 days

It's the hottest day of the year in Chicago. Seattle NEVER gets this unbearable- Upgrade!

Our apartment is practically empty. 1 final unsold piece of furniture remains minus a few folding chairs and random junk thrown in corners. Casey noticed yesterday that there's an echo. It's 6 days away and it's all starting to feel very real. It didn't feel real when I agreed to move, not when I told my boss, not even when we signed the new lease. Tomorrow it will become surreal.

Tomorrow all my friends and close family will be coming over to help us celebrate our last few days in Chicago. A full circle since our house warming party 1 year ago, but this time to mark the end end of an era. A drinking extravaganza combined with Seattle themed food. (basically coffee cookies and lots of seafood) I'm praying I don't cry...

No comments: