Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Well that took awhile...

I have been feeling rather nostalgic lately so I went through some old posts I had written in my original blog "kissing fool" which was my weekly dating diatribe about the horrific stories I had encountered. Damn, I was funny when I was single! :p

It was great to go back and reread things from my past, but it also disappointed me that I hadn't written anything worthwhile in such a long time. When my dad was sick I would only write sad and bitter stories about what I was going through. Don't get me wrong, I needed it to get through my feelings, but I hadn't written anything since. And i consider myself to be a decent writer.

Time has passed and I'm ready to be witty again.

So where are we now? Well, I turned 30 and lived to talk about it, I found a job I actually don't mind waking up for, and I got engaged. Lots of craziness but in some great ways.

As I think about how this blog started as my observations about uprooting my life from The Windy City of Chicago to The Emerald City of Seattle, to mourning the loss of a loved one, to now dealing with the trials and tribulations of planning a wedding, I think we're getting t be back on the right track.

So, I welcome people back with open arms and promise to have something wrothwhile to read and not make you want to jump off a cliff. promise! :)

No comments: