Thursday, December 16, 2010

Denial


I have a 6am flight to go home tomorrow. I knew I'd come back for weddings, to visit friends, work, etc. Not once did I think I'd have to say "I'm coming home because my dad has lung cancer."


We all know that life eventually comes to death, but no one thinks about when these have the possibility of becoming real. What is this anyway? Cancer- a word that terrifies. I can't possibly be coming home because of it.


I think I was 7 the last time heard my dad cry. He's had lupus since I was little and has always been a fighter. He cried when he was telling me about what Lupus was and what it meant for our family. He cried again today when he actually said it..."I have lung cancer." Four words that are tearing my world apart just at the thought of what they could mean.


Dear Santa, please don't take my dad from me... I don't know what I'd do without him

No comments: